Microsoft Jan 2019 —
- Software engineer on the Microsoft News (MSN) team.
- Working on front-end/mobile experiences for millions of users using TypeScript and React (web/native).
- Delivered scalable experiences on multiple canvases across 50+ markets/locales.
Little Giant Feb 2018 — Nov 2018
- Backend developer on client websites and internal tooling.
- Led backend development start-to-finish on two client sites and new project template for whole agency.
- Identified use case and developed an internal CLI tool to automate common tasks.
- Numerous open source contributions, including heavy development on an e-commerce project.
Microsoft Dec 2016 — Feb 2017
- Software engineering internship with the Universal Store Commerce Services Team.
- Created analysis pipelines for service monitoring, and accompanying dashboard.
University of Auckland Nov 2015 — Feb 2016
Bachelor of Engineering (BE Hons.) 2014 — 2017
University of Auckland, Auckland, NZ
- Specialising in Software Engineering.
- Awarded with First Class Honours.
Side-project to experiment with various technologies
- Project to play around with hypothetical results in football (soccer) leagues.
- Created front-end user experience, and backend services to consume and expose data.
- Preact single page application powered by .NET Core API, .NET Core service to update data asyncronously, backed by Postgres database.
- Deployed on Linux with Docker Compose, monitored using Prometheus (metrics), Loki (logs) and Grafana (visualization).
Educational Unity app for Honours project