Microsoft Sep 2021 —
Redmond, WA, USA
- Software engineer on the Microsoft News (MSN) community team.
- Working on backend microservices (.NET/C#) for growth projects.
- Building services handling hundreds of thousands of requests per second with tight performance and reliability requirements.
Microsoft Jan 2019 — Sep 2021
Vancouver, BC, CA
- Worked on front-end/mobile experiences using TypeScript and React (web/native), backend microservices using .NET and C#.
- Delivered scalable experiences on multiple canvases across 50+ markets/locales for the Microsoft News team.
Little Giant Feb 2018 — Nov 2018
- Backend developer on client websites and internal tooling.
- Led backend development end-to-end on two client sites, and starter template for new projects.
- Identified and automated repetitive manual tasks.
Microsoft Dec 2016 — Feb 2017
Redmond, WA, USA
- Software engineering internship, creating analysis pipelines and dashboards for service monitoring.
Bachelor of Engineering (BE Hons.) 2014 — 2017
University of Auckland, Auckland, NZ
- Specialising in Software Engineering.
- Awarded with First Class Honours.
Side-project to experiment with various technologies
- Project to play around with hypothetical results in football (soccer) leagues.
- Created front-end user experience, and backend services to consume and expose data.
- Preact single page application powered by .NET Core API, .NET Core service to update data asyncronously, backed by Postgres database.
- Deployed on Linux with Docker Compose, monitored using Prometheus (metrics), Loki (logs) and Grafana (visualization).
Educational Unity app for Honours project